RigExpert AA-230 ZOOM - Antenna and Cable Analyzer 100 kHz to 230 MHz - Информация
The analyzer is designed for measuring SWR (Standing Wave Ratio), Return Loss, Cable Loss, of cable and antenna systems from 100 kHz to 230 MHz.
A built-in ZOOM capability makes graphical measurements especially effective.
An integrated Time Domain Reflectometer mode can be used to locate the precise location of a fault within the feedline system.
The following tasks are easily accomplished by using this analyzer:
- Rapid check-out of an antenna
- Tuning an antenna to resonance
- Comparing characteristics of an antenna before and after specific event (rain, hurricane, etc.)
- Making coaxial stubs or measuring their parameters
- Cable testing and fault location, measuring cable loss and characteristic impedance
- Measuring capacitance or inductance of reactive loads
RigExpert AA-230 ZOOM
Frequency range: 0.1 to 230 MHz
Frequency entry: 1 kHz resolutionMeasurement for 25, 50, 75 and 100-Ohm systemsSWR measurement range: 1 to 100 in numerical mode, 1 to 10 in graph modeSWR display: numerical or analog indicatorR and X range: 0…10000, -10000…10000 in numerical mode, 0…1000, -1000…1000 in graph modeDisplay modes:
- SWR at single or multiple frequenciesOptional open-short-load calibration.RF output:
- SWR, return loss, R, X, Z, L, C at single frequency
- SWR chart, 20 to 500 points
- R, X chart, 20 to 500 points
- Smith chart, 20 to 500 points
- Return loss chart, 20 to 500 points
- TDR (Time Domain Reflectometer) chart
- Cable tools (loss and characteristic impedance)
- Connector type: NPower:
- Output signal shape: square
- Output power: -10 dBm (at 50 Ohm load)
- Four 1.5V alkaline batteries, type AAAInterface:
- Four 1.2V Ni-MH batteries, type AAA *
- Max. 4 hours of continuous measurement, max. 2 days in stand-by mode when fully charged batteries are used
- When the analyzer is connected to a PC or a DC adapter with USB socket, it takes power from these sources
- 290x220 color TFT displayDimensions: 82 mm x 182 mm x 32 mm (3.2 in x 7.2 in x 1.3 in)Operating temperature: 0…40 °C (32…104 °F)Weight: 236 g (8.32 oz)Warranty: 2 yearsRigExpert AA-230 ZOOM is made in Ukraine. Specifications are subject to change without notice.* Batteries are not included with the analyzer.
- 6x3 keys on the water-proof keypad
- Multilingual menus and help screens
- USB connection to a personal computer
RigExpert AA-230 ZOOM
How it works?
The structure diagram of RigExpert AA-230 ZOOM is located below:
The "brain" of the analyzer is STM 32-bit RISC microcontroller. It controls a AD9958 DDS chip running at 500 MHz and generating two sinusoidal signals. Both signals are low-pass filtered and then put through pulse shapers, producing two square signals with LVDS levels. Resistive brigde was chosen to measure parameters of a load because of its simplicity and good frequency response. The switch commutates two outputs of the bridge. After the switch, the signal is mixed with the second channel output to produce audio frequency of 1.5 kHz.This signal is then filtered and fed through the 16-bit ADC to the microcontroller. The 290x220 color TFT display and the 6x3 keys keypad are connected directly to the CPU. The analyzer is equipped with 4 Mbytes of external Flash memory to store measurement results. The USB interface chip allows connecting the analyzer to the PC.
Close look at the bridge
This is a diagram of the resistive bridge and its connection to the mixer:
The switch which is controlled by the CPU feeds the signal from the certain side of the bridge to the mixer chip. When the load is totally active and its resistance is 50 Ω, the bridge is balanced and the switch outputs the same signal in both positions. This eliminates the need of calibration of the analyzer, also giving very good precision near SWR=1.